Registration for incoming kindergarten students who reside in the Ross Local School District begins on March 14, 2021, and continues through March 28th. To be eligible for kindergarten, your child must be at least five years old on or before August 1, 2021.
Ross will continue to offer a tuition-free, half-day program for Ross students. In addition to half-day kindergarten, a tuition-based, all-day kindergarten program will also be available at both Elda Elementary and Morgan Elementary. Beginning February 1, 2021, and continuing through March 15th, families will be able to engage in the all-day kindergarten commitment process. This process will be used to place students in the all-day program. Please note: the kindergarten registration process occurring from March 14th - March 28th is an additional process for incoming kindergarten students.
There are a limited number of spots available for all-day kindergarten at each building.
After reviewing responses from a community survey regarding the cost of tuition-based kindergarten, the cost to participate in the all-day kindergarten program has been reduced to $2,595.00 per year, which includes kindergarten school fees. A $255.00 deposit is required for all-day kindergarten participation. Monthly tuition payments of $260.00 will be required from September 2021 through May 2022.
Families wishing to sign up for a slot in all-day kindergarten must first complete a Google Form which will be available on the district webpage beginning on February 1, 2021. In addition, a $255.00 non-refundable deposit must be paid. All-day kindergarten slots will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis through submissions of both the Google Form AND payment of the deposit. The window for deposit payment will close on March 15, 2021. (See the process below.)
If a waiting list becomes necessary, open spaces will be filled from the waiting list in the order of when the Google Form and deposit are submitted.
Tuition or sliding-scale scholarships are available to those who qualify based on income and household size. To be considered for a scholarship, families must first complete the Google Form and then a free/reduced lunch application.
For questions regarding the tuition-based all-day kindergarten program, please email Becky Tompkins, Director of Curriculum and Instruction (becky.tompkins@rossramscom).
All-Day, Tuition-Based Kindergarten Commitment Process
February 1, 2021 - March 15, 2021
Step One: Complete the kindergarten commitment Google Form. The Google Form may be completed and submitted prior to the deposit payment being made. In order to complete the kindergarten commitment process, the deposit must be paid by March 15, 2021.
Step Two: Make the $255.00 deposit payment.
Deposit payments may be made through:
- Cash or Check - Cash or check payments will be accepted at the Ross District Administration building in the Treasurer’s Department between the hours of 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Deposits for all-day kindergarten will not be accepted at Elda Elementary or Morgan Elementary.
- Checks may also be mailed to the Ross District Office, 3371 Hamilton-Cleves Road, Hamilton, Ohio, 45013, ATTN: Treasurer’s Department. Please make checks payable to Ross Local Schools.
- Credit Card - Credit card payments will be accepted (a secure credit card payment link will be provided beginning February 1, 2021, and continuing through March 15, 2021).
- Because incoming kindergarten students will not have a student ID, credit card payments cannot be processed through PaySchools.
- Please note that there will be a service charge of $8.95 added to credit card payments.
A family will be notified of the status of the all-day kindergarten enrollment within 5 business days of both completing the Google Form and payment of the $255.00 deposit.
Once registration for all-day kindergarten is confirmed, the $255.00 will become nonrefundable.
If a spot in the all-day, tuition-based kindergarten program is not available, the deposit will be refunded to the family.